Sunday 11 October 2009

Glitter Room Oct 09




I took this photo on the way back from a night out, I always see it and thought it would be a great intro to this entry.

Someone I've been fortunate enough to get to know and work with is Keith Suave. Keith is a DJ and burlesque promoter and puts on a monthly night in Croydon called the Glitter Room. Going to Croydon for a burlesque night is quite a step away from seedy/glamourous Soho and Camden (depending on how you look at it) but he really puts on a great night. I think he's doing a lot to support the scene and help upcoming performers. It would be great if more people within the scene came out and supported this show as it has a good crowd, it's in a nice venue and the Glitter Room deserves to be a high profile night in the London calander. I try and shoot this most months. This month I decided after a couple of the acts to shoot the rest of the night in black and white. I regret this a little as looking back now i really liked how some of the colours came out.

Tempest Rose is the Hostess of the night and she's superb every time.








Couple of other shots of a few of the performers...








If you find the Glitter Room/Keith Suave on facebook there are always more photos on there.


More from the night can be seen here.

Check out Suave Promotions on myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment