Saturday 17 April 2010

Hearts Under Fire - The Peel

Hearts Under Fire are a band I've written about before on here and I went to The Peel in Kingston on Thursday to see them play. It was the first time I'd seen them since Sian officially left and it was great to see them again. It was also a lot less crazy since the last time I was there for Gallows. This sounds stupidly lame but this was the first time I'd spoken to all the girls in the band, which for me is a big deal as I really struggle with talking to people I don't know very well, especially people in bands and things like that. I freak out quite a bit.

The Peel actually has some pretty decent lighting when they decide to use it and it was really nice for Lecarla who were supporting but it didn't seem as good during HUF. There were some really nice greens and yellows during Lecarla but it was mostly blue and red for HUF and I don't know whether it was to do with the placement of the band members on stage but the light didn't seem to hit HUF as well.

Thank you to Hearts Under Fire for an awesome night and being really nice to me. Their new songs sound great.

Pretty pleased with these shots and it was a nice end to a really busy week. I was at Alesana last night at Islington Academy but I wasn't shooting, which is something I still find quite weird. I've heard other people say this too but any gig I'm not shooting I spend thinking about things I could have done and think "that would have been a nice shot". I also spend a lot of time watching other photographers looking at what they are doing and how they are shooting.

I was meant to be seeing Melissa Auf Der Maur today but due to this volcanic ash nonsense she can't make it into the country. The shows been postponed which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it although it's nice to have a breather before another busy week.


Lecarla





Hearts Under Fire







Hearts Under Fire photos are here.

Lecarla photos are here.

You can check out Hearts Under Fire here.

No comments:

Post a Comment