Saturday 24 April 2010

Glitter Room - April

Last Sunday was the return of the Glitter Room. I'm so glad it's back as it's really one of the best places to see some great up and coming acts for a really good price.

Keith had someone doing the lighting this time which was interesting, at times it was great but the levels of light are so different across the stage as it is but when the light levels and colours are being changed it makes it more of a challenge but it worked.

Banbury Cross and Beulah Bell returned for another set of really strong performances. There's also a lot of people turning into regulars there which makes for a good atmosphere and I think Keith's hard work is paying off. I just wish more people made the effort to get out to Croydon for this show as it really deserves not to be missed.

Banbury did the Champagne routine again and I wanted to try something else this time, I used the 50mm lens before but I thought I'd try it with my wider lens to maybe see if I could catch the spray a bit better as well as trying to get some full body shots. I don't think the shots came out as well as last month and I really noticed the difference between the two lenses that night. The extra F stop on the 50mm lens makes it so much easier to shoot in low lighting.

This weeks been a really crazy week as so far i've shot the Glitter Room, two nights of the London Burlesque Week and a Q&a plus show of Melissa Auf der Maur. I've also done 4 and 1/2 days work at the day job and i'm so worn out and run down that it's made given me a cold. I don't actually know how I got through the last few days.

I also created a Facebook fanpage which if you are on Facebook then you should be able to find it by searching my name. I just wanted to be able to post my blog and photo updates without clogging up my personal FB page and maybe reach a wider audience.








More photos from the night can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment