Sunday 22 August 2010

A Gun Rack? - Islington Arts Factory

My good friend Mark Gamble, played his last gig A Gun Rack? gig for the forseeable future at the Islington Arts Factory last night.

It's a shame because Mark has a great voice and insanely talented but he doesn't have the time to dedicate to his music as his graphic design work is really taking off.

Mark's been a great friend and the gig was a good send off.

I took a few photos which aren't great (I never did get to take a good photo of him live) but it was nice to take them.


A Gun Rack? - Islington Arts Factory


The other photos of Mark are here.

I've been having a really weird time as of late, my heads a mess and a bit all over the place and I just can't really deal with everything at the moment. I've been incredibly low and fed up this past week.

One good thing thats happened (I guess) is I entered a photography competition through Vice and I wasn't chosen as one of the ten finalist but I made it as one of forty runners up and my photo was exhibited at a Vice party. On one hand I'm over the moon that one of my photos was on the wall (and projected on another wall downstairs) in a public place epecially as it's a life goal to be part of an exhibit but I also felt really strange about the whole thing. I hate the idea of competing or trying to catch a break through entering a competition. It doesn't feel like I've worked for it. I guess the only way I can describe it is like entering a music talent contest rather than working away and being noticed on your own merit.

I wish it felt like the start of something good but I just don't get that feeling. I feel like it's a fluke and won't happen again. I was thinking of entering the NME photography competition but I just don't feel like I can put myself out there like that again. The building your hopes up and being disapointed is hard for me. I want to win but feel like it's cheating.

These photos from the night were taken by Zoe Jenkin ( http://www.doublemagazine.co.uk/ ) and are on the Vice website.



No comments:

Post a Comment