Monday 25 October 2010

Simon Pegg & Bryan Hitch - Forbidden Planet

There were two signings at Forbidden Planet on Saturday which I covered. Both I was extremely excited about. The first signing was for comic artist Bryan Hitch. I've been a fan of his for quite some time and I've always followed his work. He is probably the first comic artist who truely wowed me with his work. The signing seemed to go really well and he was extremely nice. Take photos downstairs in the book department is quite easy as the lighting is fairly even. It was a pleasure to finally meet Bryan after all these years.


Bryan Hitch - Forbidden Planet signing

Bryan Hitch - Forbidden Planet signing


The second signing was for Simon Pegg. The really weird thing about this signing for me was that I still think of him as the guy from Spaced and while talking to him before the signing I suddenly was thinking "holy shit he's in Star Trek". Simon was amazing, very engaging, very funny and a pleasure to be around (he even brought Jaffa Cakes).

In contrast to the Bryan Hitch signing, the lighting upstairs is a lot harder to work with, the shop lights on one side and the sunlight from the open door where the people in the queue are coming in means that its hard to get the colours right and some of the colours on the edits look off but it's one of the areas I lack knowledge in.

These photos have jumped the queue a little bit and I now have two sets of burlesque show photos to finish editing and upload.


Simon Pegg - Forbidden Planet signing

Simon Pegg - Forbidden Planet signing

Simon Pegg - Forbidden Planet signing


The Bryan Hitch photos can be seen here.

The rest of the Simon Pegg photos are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment