Sunday 3 October 2010

Fuel Girl - Pacha

I got asked to come down and shoot the Fuel Girls performing at Pacha. Despite clubs being a place I'm not overly comfortable in (especially when it's not my taste in music) I went down as they were doing quite a few perfomances. It also meant I got to hang out properly with them in their dressing room.

They did five performances (two fire and aerial shows and one bar show) spread out over the night. It wasn't the easiest time I've photographed them. The club was pretty busy and as the shows were shorter (but more of them) it was hard to gage how much time I had to get the shots. The fire show was in a cage and with the crowd and security I couldn't really move around much. The second aerial show was harder as the three hoops were pretty spread out and covering them all meant lots of pushing past people as quickly as possible. The lighting was ok so I shot without flash.

The bar show was pretty cool and fun to shoot.

The photos aren't as good as they could have been but I know I can do better if there's a next time at Pacha as I know what to expect.

Sorry if this is a bit of a shit update. I'm not really sure what to write today.


Fuel Girls - Pacha

Fuel Girls - Pacha

Fuel Girls - Pacha

Fuel Girls - Pacha

Fuel Girls - Pacha


You can click here for the other photos from the night.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite "promo-style" photo is here.
    That picture is great, and looks proper professional. Really like the colour/tone of the aerial shots too.

    ReplyDelete