Friday 19 November 2010

Melissa Auf der Maur - Scala

Last time Melissa Auf der Maur was over she managed to get caught up in the joys of the Icelandic volcano and her gig got shuffled about. I was also ill was having a very intense week with lots going on (similar to this week strangely).

She announced a show at the Scala and I was over the moon about this. Scala is a really laid back venue, great lighting and they have a barrier! I decided to go into the venue a bit later so I could grab a drink with friends but when I got inside Japanese Voyeurs were about to start. They took me by surprise when they started playing and I really wanted to grab some shots. I went to go get my spot on the barrier to find there wasn't one and I had to find a spot in the crowd which meant I had to duck and dive round peoples heads to get some shots.

The lighting for Japanese Voyeurs was p-e-r-f-e-c-t and between that and the band themselves, everything really felt like it clicked. I really want to shoot them again.

In almost total contrast to JV, the lighting for MAdM was a lot less intense and tended to be single colours and not much front lighting. I think some of this was for atmosphere and also they were using a projector. I like how the photos came out but I definitely had to work harder for her.

I'm trying to shoot a bit differently and a bit more free at the moment. I will be working on something that could be really exciting and it might help me to push myself a bit more with what I'm able to do.


Japanese Voyeurs
Japanese Voyeurs - Scala

Japanese Voyeurs - Scala

Japanese Voyeurs - Scala



Melissa Auf der Maur
Melissa Auf der Maur - Scala

Melissa Auf der Maur - Scala

Melissa Auf der Maur - Scala


The rest of the photos of Japanese Voyeurs are here.

The rest of the photos of Melissa Auf der Maur are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment