Wednesday 28 July 2010

Fuel Girls - Unholy

This blog is squeezing it's way in between my New York update and my Warped update which is coming.

I got a text from a friend of mine who's part of the Fuel Girls saying they would be dancing at this new club night at The Scala called Unholy and did I want to come and take some pictures. The Fuel Girls seem like a great bunch of girls and I was really pleased with my shots from the last time. It was pretty last minute but I went down and when I got there I wasn't down for a photopass but the girls managed to sort that out. I've written about the other things I've shot at the place so I knew what the lighting was like so I was pretty prepared.

When I got in the place was pretty quiet. I'm sure thats mostly down to it being the first night and the fact it was the day before a festival in London. Despite it not being packed the Fuel Girls still killed it. I love their use of fire despite it being really hard to shoot. The one frustrating thing was that person doing the lighting seemed to think that because they used fire it would be wise to turn all the lights virtually out. That mixed with the fact that they spend a lot of time on the barrier with the crowd and there was no decent lighting for that. I had to have the shutterspeed right on the limit of what I can get away with which meant there's a slight motion blur in a lot of the picture and a lot of them are grainier than I would normally like them. I don't think they are as good as others I've shot there but I'm hoping that although they aren't techinically great, that their energy comes through.

Needless to say I got covered in multiple types of alcohol and liquid but it's all worth it.

Thank you Fuel Girls.

I *might* be shooting Hearts Under Fire twice on sunday then Gallows all in the same day. Fingers crossed it all works out ok.


Fuel Girls - Unholy

Fuel Girls - Unholy

Fuel Girls - Unholy

Fuel Girls - Unholy

Fuel Girls - Unholy


You can see the other Fuel Girl photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment